Wednesday, December 21, 2011

It's Here!

OMG! Yesterday I received the cookbook I had ordered: Baking Unplugged, by Nicole Rees. I spent the afternoon and entire night (no, I did not neglect my job) devouring the book, making notes of what I absolutely needed to buy and the things I just wanted to buy to give myself a better kitchen, and notes of what variations I would like to try on some of the recipes. I only got about 1/2 way through but my stomach was rumbling at the thoughts of what was to come :)

Although I originally planned to start after the New Year, I do believe that I am going to try the popover recipe (making it a savory one) tomorrow to serve with whatever I decide to cook for supper. I have a full day planned in the kitchen already because I am making some red velvet cookies for my 16 year old cousin who loves to be in the kitchen and I'm prepping my Southwestern Egg Rolls (a la Chili's) so I can slip them into the oven Christmas morning for a quick bake before running out the door to make it to the family Christmas celebration.

So excited to start baking tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment