Sunday, April 1, 2012

What I've Been Doing Lately

If I haven't said so, I LOVE being in the kitchen. Always have, always will. It's my de-stressing time with added benefits. Long before I thought of starting this blog, I took cake decorating classes. They were so much fun then and have put a little extra money in my pocket now. Here's a look at some of the cakes I've recently done.

My great-uncle Clyde's birthday was in February. His daughter contacted me about doing a cake to celebrate both his birthday and his having been in the navy. She asked if I could create a battleship to place on his cake and I told her I'd be willing to give it a try.

The cannons are black licorice sticks and the towers are chocolate-dipped Oreos. From what I understand, it was a hit!

The same weekend, one of my best friends was baptizing her baby boy - sweet little Mason! She asked me for a simple cake to celebrate.

My gift to him was the cross that I placed on the cake. The blue and brown circles are homemade chocolates.

Finally, a co-worker's son was having a Mario-themed birthday party this past month. I mentioned how cute it would be to have a Nintendo remote control as a cake, but kids these days don't know what an original Nintendo controller looks like. She got excited at the thought and said he would totally go for a Wii remote.

She found some really cute Mario and friends figurines that we placed on each corner of the cake board.

So, as you can see, not only do I enjoy regular old baking, but I also enjoy baking cakes and decorating them. I may not be the best cake decorator but I sure try my hardest. And the cakes always taste delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment