Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Wow....It's been forever

I'm sorry I haven't posted anything lately. I guess life has just been keeping me busy. I haven't had the time to bake as much as I would like to lately, but I do have a few things to post. I'll do so over the next few days so it looks like I've been busy...haha!

This was my dessert tray for Superbowl Sunday. Nothing fancy but I had to make sure we had dessert above all other food groups! So I made chocolate covered strawberries and attempted to transform them into footballs (I need a little more practice). They were so yummy - the strawberries were bright and juicy and the chocolate provided the right note to the strawberries.

The bars under the strawberries are no-bake cookies & cream bars (or if you're serving them at Christmas time, call them "lumps of coal"). No matter the name, everyone will love them... and they are super easy.

No-Bake Cookies & Cream Bars (Sweet Pea's Kitchen)
     Makes 16 bars

1 - 16 oz package of Oreos
5 cups of large marshmallows
4 Tbsp butter

Line an 8X8 inch baking pan with parchment paper letting the paper extend up two sides of the pan and overhang slightly on both ends. Set pan aside. In the bowl of a food processor fitted with the metal blade, pulse Oreos until ground. In a large, microwave safe bowl, melt butter and marshmallows in the microwave until puffed, about 1½ – 2 minutes. Stir in ground Oreo Cookies until combined. Transfer to prepared baking pan. Using a piece of wax paper, press mixture evenly into prepared pan. Let set up for at least 10 minutes. Cut into bars and serve.

These babies are chewy, moist, and chocolatey. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment